Leif has left for Germany, and won't be back until October 9th. That means I've got free reign of the place for three weeks! Time to paaaaaaaarty!! And by party, I mean hit the sack at 10pm. Before Leif left, though, he made this amazing apple & cinnamon pizza-style dessert. It was tasty and addictive.


The dough is just flour, oil, and water. The apple slices sit on a bed of sauce, which was made with cinnamon, sugar, and sour cream (an unexpected but brilliant ingredient). We ate two full trays of this stuff in one sitting.

OCIP has had us all running around like decapitated chickens. I'm doing 18 interviews, and that's on the low side. It's fun to play dress-up ... for a while.


Daniel looks the part in his sharp yellow tie. Actually, we gents all wear pretty much the same thing, so there's nothing on which to pass comment except the tie.


There's Dan (a different Dan), who had 7 interviews yesterday. He's not tired at all (sarcasm). Caroline keeps it real with carrots and Odwalla juice. Right on, sister.

Yesterday, I had a pretty insane workout. It included a normal warmup (and cooldown), but some beefy track intervals. The bad news is that I was supposed to run 5k worth of intervals at a pace equal to my 5k PR. This is not something you hope to be able to do while training for distance. I don't know why the schedule had such a crazy stupid set. But whatever, I went to the track and gave it my best.

The good news: I made every interval, with time to spare. Hell yeah! Afterwards, it was off to have some pizza with Daniel (yellow tie above). We went to Extreme, right by my apartment, and bumped into another 2L named Tia, who sat with us. It was good times.


Daniel is caught unawares as I whip out the camera.


Tia is ready, and busts out a very glamorous action pose.

Anyway, as always, the day after a hard run, I woke up this morning unable to stop eating. Usually, by 11am, I've only eaten twice. Breakfast, and a mid-morning snack. Today, I just couldn't help myslf. It's the rest-day munchies. Food log so far today:

8:00am -- Eggs
8:20am -- Cereal & milk
10:00am -- Lara bar
10:10am -- Half can of turkey chili, cold.
10:20am -- Other half of can, still cold. Added some cream cheese.
10:25am -- 4 spoonfuls of cereal, dry
10:30am -- 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter, with honey.

Ok, time to stop. I'm satisfied for now. Off to shower, interview, and go out to dinner with Danielle, a very sweet girl from my Mod-T class. She's also a runner, and came with me on my Wednesday run. It was a lot of fun.

Until next time, dear readers. I love you all.