Class begins! Boalt hall is as wonderful and prestigious an academic institution as can possibly be imagined. The campus is beautiful, hilly, and filled with bright minds. Updates to this blog have been lacking, because I'm trying to focus on studies at the moment. But I did manage to take a couple pictures recently.

At orientation, the admissions office did a great job of introducing all the transfer students to one another, and getting us integrated into the 2L class.


I think most of us really feel like we're Berkeley natives already. Can you spot the old 2L's and the transfers in this picture?

The buildings on campus have a much more "college-like" feel than do those in Arizona. The architecture is classical, with big white columns everywhere.


This building (not Boalt) is in the Student Center area, right outside the bookstore, on my way to class.


This is one of Boalt's courtyards, being bathed in some soft afternoon light.


And, of course, what tour of Boalt would be complete without a shot of the library's main reading room? I'm told our Robbins Collection (one section of the library) has some extremeley rare volumes, like an ORIGINAL copy of Hobbes' Leviathan, or Locke's Two Treatises on Government, that law students can access. Awesome, huh?

Oh yeah, and then there's Bar Review, the lawlerly play on words that just means Happy Hour. Last night, it was at Jupiter's, a bar just a two-minute walk from my apartment. Leif and I went to check it out. Now, at Arizona, there'd be maybe 10-15 people who would attend bar review. Last night, the place was PACKED with at least 150 law students. Pretty impressive.


The bartender was not happy about me buying a single drink (for Leif), a water (for me), paying on a credit card, and closing the tab immediately. Sorry guy, marathon training means no alcohol!

School's going very well, and I got into all the classes I wanted. I'm taking IP like it's my job. Actually, I'm hoping it WILL be my job pretty soon.

Don't hold your breath on the next post, dear readers ... the treacheries of this week's mad OCIP job-hunt might leave you without an update for some time. My love to all.