Whassaaaaaaaaaaaaap? Hooraaaaaaaaay, Berkeley! Why all the excitement? No reason, really. It's just time to be silly, that's all. Plus, it's fun to take wacky pictures with Merlin.


He puts up with it really well.


Speaking of putting up with incessant photography, Brianna called after the race last weekend, and we went for a little stroll around Lake Merritt to stretch out. She got into it, and posed enthusiastically.


The lake is really pretty, and these string lights turn on at dusk, giving the place a sortof holiday vibe.


There are also plenty of ducks about. Brianna's sweatshirt says "Run Like a Girl." Sweet, huh?


More ducks.


Again, Brianna was very tolerant of my picture-taking, but this look let me know it was about time to quit. Sorry, B!


Of course, the mandatory picture of the TT bike. "Wait a tic," I hear you say, "something's different here." That's right! The old bar tape wore out, so I replaced it with red. Which is 10% faster. Really.


The bike, looking nonchalantly out over the bay.


There's my city. Pretty cool-lookin, huh? Well, that's all I've got for now. Next episode: a nice recipe for french-fried leeches.