The Tuxedo Strikes Back! This weekend was the world famous Cal Triteam Prom, to which I was invited by the very beautiful Lauren Selman. She promised that we'd dress to the nines and rock the joint; who could refuse?


The very classy event began at Chevy's Fresh Mex restaurant down in Emeryville, where about 40 triathletes filled the tables and chowed down on some very tasty comida mexicana. Afterwards, it was off to Jacob Hooker's house, set up in fine style with a full bar and a dance floor primed for action.


Lauren and Sasha wasted no time gettin' their dance on.


Dwight, someone I don't know, and Christi pose like the tri-gangsters they are.


Lauren (left) and Erin oblige me with the obligatory self-photo. The night was a lot of fun, especially for Lauren, who may have sparked a romance that evening with another triathlete. I leave the details, dear readers, to your imagination.


Merlin! He hasn't made an apearance on here for a while, and it was about time he did. He's quite an odd fellow, much like his keeper. Look at that face. He seems to be saying, "You lookin' at me?" No action poses for Merlin, just curious neck-creening. He kept me company this morning after my long run which, by the way, was absolutely awesome. Twenty miles of brutal pain followed by a divine half hour of relaxing and blogging. I have been making a very cool recovery drink for after the long workouts, which seems to be pretty effective. Without further adieu, I give you ...

Judge Nick's Berry Good Recovery Smoothie:
1 Danon "Light n Fit" smoothie (any flavor; today was Mixed Berry)
1 cup skim milk
1 cup Crystal Light Lemonade
2 Tbsp Fat Free Nestle Cocoa Powder

Stir all ingredients vigorously; enjoy smoothie bliss. It's about 200 calories, and contains a good bit of refined sugars, which is what they recommend for post-workout recovery. Very tasty. Sometimes I add a banana, but I didn't have one today. Anyway, I'm really quite salty right now, and I need a shower. So, I'll bid you good day, and wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Until next time, dear readers. I love you all.