Since it's been WAY too long since the last post, and there's just way too much to talk about, I figured I'd just do it speedy-style. The pictures will have to be worth the thousand words here, with pithy captions to round out the experience. Enjoy!


In Tucson, before the marathon, spending some quality time with Heather Lane.


We went to Pima Trail, which was oodles of hiking fun.


Heather atop the gorgeous Gates Pass lookout.

The race went well. Long story short, I ran a personal best time of 3:13, just two minutes shy of Boston Qual time. But I did take third in my age group! Huzzah. Next stop: Colorado.


Baking some cookies for the boys.


Mom's tender love goes into each one.


Good enough to eat, eh?


Owen thought so, anyway.


And Lincoln agreed.


It snowed like mad.


A christmas gift from Uncle Roy, to help us remember sweet Scully, who passed away this summer.


My Speed Scrabble victory on New Year's Eve. Don't even think about challenging my use of "ya." Dictionary.com says it's legit:
–pronoun Pronunciation Spelling.
1.you: Give me a hand, will ya?
2.your: Where's ya brother?

Back in SF, it was time to go for a long bike ride. My target? The Golden Gate area. I drove out:

Note: don't snap photos and drive. Dangerous.


After some ample free parking near the bridge (who would have guessed?), it was a leisurely ride over to the bridge.


As I was taking this shot, another biker came by and said "Nice pose!"


You have to lean WAAAAAAAAY out to get this picture.


Just kidding. See? There's an outcropping here. Anyway, the ride was about three hours, and tons of fun.

I've got some more pictures of recent events, including a trip to Cafe Venezia, Macworld, and a recent Club Channing party entitled License to Thrill. Stay tuned!