I had a long post all finished and ready to post, when firefox suddenly crashed and the post got lost. So, here it is again, in brief.

Tuesday: Fourth of July. See previous post.

Thursday: The real fireworks began. The associates took us out to lunch at the World Trade Center, a gorgeous restaurant on the 30th floor of the building:


Humongous artwork, fancy waitors.


And 360-degree views of the city.

During lunch, Berkeley called. They wanted me to come to law school there in the fall. Thanks be to God, my first-choice school has admitted me, and I'm headed to San Francisco. I can't wait to see you all and celebrate in proper fashion! Dad and Charlie wanted to celebrate that evening at Nardo's, Charlie's favorite restaurant. It's a quaint Italian joint with lots of frog decor:


Frog. James Frog.


"No, ma'am. We don't serve froglegs here."

The next day, Friday, I had reservations to take Dad to MY favorite restaurant, Emeril's. But before that, the associates and a parner at the firm took me out to lunch again. As we walked down the street at noon, I realized we were headed in a familiar direction. Our lunch destination?


Well, I'm not complaining. Emeril's twice in one day!


Beef Briskit on potatoes and slaw. Very tasty.


Chef Bretton was very friendly that night at dinner. He was making some lentils for the salmon dish, and Dad thought they looked really good. When dinner came out, Bret made a small side of lentils and handed it to Dad over the counter. The kitchen also sent us a special appetizer, recognizing us for being "regulars" at the place.

Last night, I e-mailed Berkeley's triathlon team, looking for a roommate in San Francisco. As it so happened, the president of the team grew up in Boulder! He said "You're moving from the best place in the world to the other best place in the world." Needless to say, his endorsement of the place is encouraging. Two people on the team responded within a couple of hours, and it looks like housing should be no problem.

Finally, Saturday morning has arrived, and my time in NOLA has come to a close. Dad has been such a fantastic roommate, and I'll miss him a lot. Colorado, I'm homeward bound!


Farewell, New Orleans. It's been a pleasure.